Thursday, May 28, 2009

New Caney High School announces top 10 graduates



The June 7 graduation will be a dream come true for many New Caney High School seniors and their families.

While many will have a lot to celebrate, the high school’s 2009 top 10 graduates were announced during the honor graduation ceremony May 19.

“I have been in education for 22 years and this is my fifth year as the lead counselor at New Caney High School. I am always so proud of the top 10 students because this achievement does not come easy,” said Ann Kramer. “Students must take a very rigorous college preparatory course of study and go above and beyond in the basic requirements for graduation.”

New Caney High School’s top 10 graduates are Luis Rodriguez, valedictorian; Jonathan Curtis, salutatorian; Joshua Battley; Michael Prior; Eric Pashia; Salina Chen; Olivia Milkovic; Dallas Kallies; Jillian Boyd; and Patrick O’Hare.

“All of these students have very high goals for themselves and should be very successful members of society,” Kramer said. “I expect to hear great things in the future from all of them. This is a great reward for them and also for us as educators.”

With plans to either be a pediatrician or a cardiologist, Rodriguez plans to attend the University of Houston after high school and major in biochemical and biophysical sciences.

“I like math and science,” Rodriguez said. “That is why I want to go to medical school. I see myself starting my career as a physician in 10 years.”

The valedictorian was a member of the National Honor Society, Health Occupations Students of America and Science UIL.

As he prepares for his future, Rodriguez said that he wants to be a role model for his younger brother and sister.

Salutatorian Jonathan Curtis said he also plans to attend the University of Houston and study biomedical engineering.

“My plans are to go to medical school and pursue a career in orthopedics,” he said. “I want to be an orthopedic because I have had a lot of broken bones due to sports and it has always interested me.”

A member of the tennis team and NHS and working, Curtis said he enjoyed spending time with friends and growing relationships that will last a lifetime.

Battley, ranked third in his class, said in 10 years he has plans to complete his residency as a medical doctor.

“At New Caney, I enjoyed tennis and building rockets in physics,” Battley said.

The graduate plans to attend Texas A&M University and major in biomedical engineering. Upon graduation, his goal is to go to medical school and specialize in orthopedics.

Prior plans to attend Texas A&M University and earn a Bachelor of Science degree in physics.

“With my degree, I plan to participate in scientific research or teach calculus or physics,” Prior said.

When asked what he will miss about high school, he said he will miss all of his friends who “I don’t interact with outside of school because they are still my good friends. I will also miss my teachers because most of them were very good.”

After graduation, Pashia will attend a community college to finish his Associate of Arts.

“I then plan to transfer to pursue my career in music at Southwestern Assemblies of God University where I will major in piano/guitar,” Pashia said.

In 10 years, Pashia said he sees himself leading worship and continuing his career in music and singing with hopes of getting a record deal.

READ THE FULL STORY HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It will be reviewed and will appear on the blog soon.

Your BEST business option!

Your search starts here:

Your search starts here:
Find anything in East Montgomery County

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin