Monday, March 2, 2009

Artist Showcase First Saturday Arts Market


Artist to feature paintings at First Saturday Arts Market


Beth Duke, a New Caney resident, admires her artwork that she sold to a resident in Farmington, N.M. The local artist will display her oil paintings at the First Saturday Arts Market March 7 in Houston.


By ROYCELYN BASTIAN
Updated: 02.27.09
As Beth Duke talks about her life growing up in oil painting, one can’t help but notice her passion for the craft.

“My oil painting is a compulsion for me. I don’t have any other choice because painting is a release for me; it is peaceful and quiet,” Duke said. “I think that I have oil paint or turpentine in my blood,” she joked.

The New Caney resident along with other artists and merchants will present their products at the First Saturday Arts Market March 7 in Houston. The First Saturday Arts Market provides a monthly venue for emerging and established artists, musicians, jewelers and craftsmen to showcase their work.

“I have been a part of the First Saturday Arts Market off and on for the past two years. It really is a neat event because there are a lot of vendors who make bread and olive oil and some present their photography and artwork,” Duke said. “The works on display are very diverse, very eclectic.”

Read the full story HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It will be reviewed and will appear on the blog soon.

Your BEST business option!

Your search starts here:

Your search starts here:
Find anything in East Montgomery County

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin